CAB CEO Forum on De-Risking
Against the background of the events that had taken place around the issue of de-risking by Correspondent Banks, the Board of Directors of the CAB felt it was necessary to bring members together under one forum to plan the way forward for dealing with the De-risking issue. While there had been advocacy at various levels ranging from CAB, CARICOM, OAS, the World Bank, FATF and similar bodies, this clear and present danger called for a different response by Respondent banks.
The first CEO Forum meeting on De-Risking took place in April 2016, in Miami. CEO’s, Directors and Compliance Professionals from regional banks together with Technical Service Providers, a US Legal Representative and a potential provider of Correspondent Banking services came together, to explore potential solutions and develop a set of actions in response to this threat.
CAB Scholarship Program
As part of its strategic purpose to strengthen the Caribbean’s financial services sector, the CAB launched its Banking Scholarship Program to the employees of its members at its 39th AGM & Conference in Jamaica, on 14th November 2012. The scholarship entailed a UWI scholarship in BSc. Banking and Finance, valued at US$10,000, to be undertaken at the UWI Open Campus…learn more
CAB is delighted to invite you to be a part of its most recent initiative: Caribbean Association of Audit Committee Members Inc (CAACM), launched on 27 June, 2006 – with technical and financial support from the European Union/PROINVEST.
The ultimate objective of CAACM is to improve the investment environment in theCaribbean/CARICOM region and to increase investor confidence in the integrity of financial reporting and investor information through the continuous development of audit committee members.
CAACM offers a number of benefits to members to enable them, on an informed basis, to carry out their obligations as audit committee members. These include :
- Timely technical updates, and discounted rates on all deliverables
- Training programs at 60% to 80% of the cost. The Association will use specially selected lecturers and provide certificates upon completion of the respective course.
- Conferences, conference calls and web-casts on best practices and technical developments in the regulatory environment
- Resource centre with links to relevant websites
- Newsletter on technical issues
- Sample tools and templates for use by audit committees including charters, self- assessment questionnaires, etc.
- Access to an independent technical forum to obtain advice on related issues and concerns
- Access to a secure message board on which members can anomalously share information and experiences, pose and answer questions, and otherwise discuss topics of interest.
- Support through the Association’s membership base, affording the opportunity for discreet peer-to-peer discussion on issues facing members.
- Support through the promotion of a professional and ethical culture in the functioning of audit committees throughout the region, as defined in the Code of Practice.
CAB invites you to join CAACM and play an integral role in ensuring that the region maintains pace with international best practice in corporate governance. Visit CAACM’s website at https://www.caacm.org/ today!