CARICOM: CARICOM ends its 2-day summit in Guyana. Among the items discussed:
- Need for a regional strategy to strengthen regional AML frameworks in an attempt to reduce the incidence of de-risking. Committee of Ministers of Finance to oversee the roll out of the strategy/ action plan submitted by the Committee of Central Bank Governors.
Gaston Browne, Chairman of the Committee on Correspondent Banking, said CARICOM will be hiring a lobbyist to help the deal with the de-risking issue. The EU has committed to provide resources to strengthen CARICOM’s technical capacity, on this issue.
- Protocol on procedures relating to travel. Council for Trade and Development (COTED) will meet to address air transport issues.
- Payments systems for intra-regional trade.
- Capacity building against cyber-crime.
- Approval of a draft road map for a single ICT space.
- Status review of various member state initiatives.