Website The Bank of Nevis
Improving The Quality Of Life
THE BANK OF NEVIS LIMITED
The Bank of Nevis Limited (BON) was incorporated on August 29th, 1985 under the laws of the Federation of St. Christopher and Nevis and opened its doors for business to the public on December 9th, 1985. It was created out of a desire to provide banking services to the local community with the hope that this would assist with the development of the island’s economy. It is for this reason that the Bank adopted the motto ‘Improving the Quality of Life’. We offer comprehensive services including a variety of deposit accounts with attractive rates of interest, credit and debit cards and loans. Other services include ATM services, online and mobile banking, brokerage services, merchant services and foreign exchange purchases and sales.
In December 2019, BON as part of a consortium group of indigenous banks in the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), entered into an agreement with Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) to purchase regional businesses operating under RBC Royal Bank Holdings (EC) Limited in Nevis, St. Kitts, Antigua, Montserrat, St. Lucia, Dominica, Grenada and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The acquisition was completed on 1 April 2021 with BON acquiring the RBC/RBTT operations in St. Kitts and Nevis. Accordingly, BON now operates from three locations in St. Kitts and Nevis and also maintains the former RBTT Bank in Nevis as a subsidiary under the name BON Bank Ltd.
The Bank of Nevis Limited invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist
The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist will provide support to the Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance in the following areas: delivery of an effective enterprise-wide risk management framework, facilitating and coordinating risk related activities, management of the Risk & Compliance function throughout the Bank covering Risk Management with ISO Guidelines (ISO 31000) and Basel II/III requirements and ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies.
- Assist with the development and management of an enterprise-wide risk work programme.
- Assist with the compliance risk assessment of the Bank.
- Assist with the monitoring of account activity on transaction monitoring system.
- Assist with analysis of Exemption Limits.
- Identify and escalate risk related issues.
- Conduct enterprise-wide risk training.
- Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of an Enterprise-wide Risk Management Programme for the Bank to ensure full compliance with laws, rules, regulations, internal policies, procedures, and processes.
- Assist with conducting stress testing of the credit and investment portfolios for reporting to the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Assist with stress testing of earnings quality and sustainability, and other profitability ratios, capital shocks and liquidity for reporting to the Risk Committee and Board of Directors.
- Identify and report on emerging risks affecting the Banking sector including but not limited to climate risks.
- Assist with conducting risk assessments of the various departments of the Bank to include identifying, evaluating, and measuring risk. Assist with developing risk mitigation plans and tolerance limits to manage the risks identified in accordance with regulatory compliance and audit requirements, approved risk tolerance and strategic plans approved by the Board.
- Assist with the development of a risk and compliance work plan annually.
General Qualification Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, banking, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in banking, finance, risk management or related field.
- Risk Management Certification.
- Training in ISO 31000 Guidelines and working knowledge of ICAAP/Basel II/III would be an asset.
Skills and Attributes:
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of regulatory environment, risk management and control frameworks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good Analytical and IT skills.
- Team orientation and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt and manage conflict.
- The drive to investigate situations.
- Ability to retain and process large amounts of technical information.
- Ability to use Excel and risk management software applications.
All applications should be submitted with detailed Curriculum Vitae and the Bank’s application form which is available on the bank’s website www.thebankofnevis.com. Applications should be submitted no later than February 3, 2023, to:
The Human Resource Manager Tel: 869-469-5564
The Bank of Nevis Limited Fax: 869-469-1039
P O Box 450, Main Street Email: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will receive an acknowledgement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com